Astro Nightscape (NS) Filter
Are you just starting out in Astrophotography in an area with moderate to light urban light pollution? (Bortle Scale 3-6) STC's Astro Nightscape filter is a good place to begin.
Urban light pollution force astrophotographers to drive hours or trek up a mountain to get a clear view of the night sky. Complex post-production techniques and expensive equipment are barriers to astrophotography.
As a result, low-income students and young adults, women, people of color, persons living outside the United States, and the working class don't get an opportunity to be inspired by physics or astrophotography.
As a BIPOC-owned business, we asked ourselves how can we help correct the underrepresentation in astrophotography and physics? The Astro Nightscape filter is our first attempt to build an introductory level light pollution filter.
Coated by ion beam-assisted deposition (IBAD) to block urban light pollution.
- Super flat surface means clear images shooting at 8K and with 1200mm high-magnification telescope lens.
0.5mm Schott B270 optical glass can absorb and dissipate heat to prevent fogging.
- Double-sided anti-smudge nano-coating is hydrophobic stopping moisture and mold.
- Antistatic coating keeps dust and fibers away.
- Aluminum rim treated with Teflon and black matte finish making it non-slip and easy to remove.
- Fits lens caps of all makes.
- Covered by the world’s first global warranty for filters.